Why You Should Get Involved!
Many students join SCM -focused student organizations on campus but think that professional organizations are reserved for industry executives. Nothing could be further from the truth! There's much to gain from membership and supply chain professional organizations actively encourage students to join. Sure, it looks great on your resume but there are far more valuable reasons for getting actively involved now rather than later:
- Job hunting resources. When it's time to start the job search process, you'll have valuable resources available through the professional organization's website. They provide job listings, resume posting services, salary information, and other career tools.
- Networking, networking, networking! SCM organizations hold dinner meetings, conferences, and other events where you can interact with supply chain thought leaders. The organization's membership directory will also provide contact information for supply chain professionals in your area.
- Information access. Need to learn about supply chain trends and issues for an interview, presentation, or paper? Professional organizations give you first-hand access to great resources on the current state of SCM and help you build useful knowledge.
- Reduced membership fees! SCM professional organization leaders realize that students and young professionals don't have money to burn. In response, they offer major discounts on membership fees to full-time students and young professionals.
- Take advantage now of the benefits at a great savings to you! Visit the list of CSCMP Member Benefits.
- Still not convinced? View the full list of CSCMP student membership benefits.
Do you receive the monthly CSCMP Events E-Bulletin informing you of all the upcoming CSCMP events? If not, sign up today by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Professionals Website
Do you receive the monthly Young Professionals E-Bulletin informing you of information useful to you as a Young Professionals? If not, sign up today by sending an email to email@example.com